‘What We Are’
The mission of the Save Tenterden Action Group is to stop the unique character of Tenterden being destroyed by the proposed massive, unsustainable and unwanted greenfield development to the south of the town.
We aim to do this by:
- raising relevant issues and concerns with the Town and Borough councillors so that they are aware of and take account of local people’s views
- informing residents about the proposals and their negative impact
- encouraging residents to let the Town and Borough councillors know their views and concerns
- obtaining relevant information from the local authorities in accordance with freedom of information provisions
- taking part in public consultation exercises regarding the proposed development
- alerting residents to developments and consultation exercises via this website, local papers and the Tenterden Town website Forums pages
- alerting residents to associated planning applications as they appear on Ashford Borough Council’s website and the local press.
‘What we are not’
We are not ‘NIMBYs’. We support organic development sympathetically planned in character with the historic nature of the town and supported by the appropriate infrastructure. We recognise the need for the provision of affordable housing within the town but have seen no evidence that the development will provide housing within the reach of local young people and those on lower incomes.